Thursday, February 11, 2010

Foo Yoong Egg Rice


Kim Gary's Foo Yong Egg on Rice @ RM9.50++

Do you know what Foo Yoong Egg reminds me off? It reminds me of Rose Garden in Melbourne. Ahh yes, the cramp place where people would que up patiently for a table meal times and are seated chair against chair. And then people like me will pay about $8+ (about RM24!!) for this dish. Seriously you people in Malaysia should feel so fortunate. I feel as if I'm in a Food Heaven whenever I'm back in Msia.

Sadly, this Malaysia holiday is coming to an end. Once again, I would have to say my goodbyes and hopefully I'll see my favourite people again soon. but sometimes to make myself feel better, I think of the other ones that I have in Melbourne (yes, yes, this includes jia shen and na)

Foo Yoong Egg also reminds me of the time when Hang was on holiday in Melb. She was just happy enough to eat the ones at A1 when I insisted that she could have tasted the better one at Rose Garden. Even though Foo Yoong Egg Rice is clearly a fancy looking omelette on rice, you'd be amaze how good it taste. This is of course thanks to the amount of oil they use in order to fry this absolutely yummy treat.

I would say that I started liking Foo Yoong Egg when I was back in High School where I would gather a few friends and have simple food at this cafe nearby. Inclusive in its set lunch was this Foo Yoong Egg. Ah! that's when I fell in love in it. No doubt it was just fried egg with a certain few prawns, slivered onions, etc. but it was just so tasty.

Ah, all this memories are making me hungry. I'm definitely heading back for more Foo Yoong!

0 comments: