Friday, January 29, 2010

Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum a.. Disappointment!

ahh yes.. the many-times-postponed and much-awaited visit to Jin Xuan Hong Kong in Damasara Jaya was.. well, a little disappointing sad to say.

these are the among the few dim sum dishes that we ordered


Service was ok and we were seated at a table of our choice quite immediately. It was about 10.30am but it wasn't as crowded as I've expected it to be. I've read reviews about it claiming that you have to que up and get a waiting number at times. I guess we were just late for breakfast and too early for lunch?

The food served were all slightly cold. The egg yolk custard bun that I ordered, it felt as if the chef was in a hurry to get them served. Hence, the not-hot-enough filling. Flavour was there but certain food are just meant to be taken cold.

the Siew Mai however, was really really nice. The texture was just so soft, juicy and slightly elastic. Definitely one of the better Siew Mais that I've tasted so far.

The glutinous rice was tasty but Grace thinks that it was overly steamed. The rice was too damp and it became so difficult to pick up with chopsticks.

which results..
in another order for rice! this lap cheong rice was served barely warm and overly oily. Had to drink lots of hot chinese tea. It helps to clear the fats, so I heard.

At the moment, I don't think that I'll be coming back again as it is quite far from where I'm living. The food quality was definitely there but certain improvements have to be made. For example, serving the dim sum really Hot!

0 comments: