Saturday, October 17, 2009

thai food.

I think this blog is turning into a food blog..


I was planning on talking about how yummy my thai dinner last night was.
We had dinner at Ying Thai 2. I wonder why they call it '2'. Is this the second branch or something? Anyway, some wise guy said, "Oh, the '2' makes the shop name more 'attractive'."

very attractive indeed. coughs.

I'm so sorry that there are no photos of the yummy dinner I had. I am hoping instead to paint a visual description of the food with my words instead.

The tom yam soup was a 'wow'. The first sip gave me cheeks that cram sensation, you know how you have something sour suddenly and your cheeks are just in total shock? but it's a really good thing, the soup was both spicy and sour. I drank it down to the last chili seeds. Friends said they were "very appetizing." =) I agree.

The stir fried beef in chili paste was alright too. I won't say fantastic but it was pretty nice. The bamboo shoots in the dish however smelt a little funny. At the end of the meal, what's left in the dish were just many strips of bamboo shoots and remaining sauce. Goes well with rice.

We had thai green curry too. Ugh, I didn't like it. It was well, green, but too rich in coconut milk to my preference. Na liked it though, she ate the chicken pieces, drank the curry down, and I picked on the carrots. I still prefer traditional malay curries =)

alright, I'm off to yum cha soon. =D
hoho! I've been wanting to have dim sum for awhile now!

0 comments: