Monday, October 19, 2009

Sofia on a monday afternoon

hi, I just got back from Sofia.

ok, so I was in Aunty M's car on the way back from city.
she was telling me about how people at her workplace were having pizza and she couldn't help it but to have 1 piece as well.

and the magical statement reveals itself.

Aunty M: now I really feel like having Sofia.

uh oh..


Aunty M: do you feel like having Sofia?

BIG Uh Oh!


Me: I don't mind.

Aunty M then quickly turn out the freeway towards Chandler Hwy. and towards Camberwell.

moments later..

Me: Since we're going to Sofia, shall we have gelati?
(Aunty M and I have always talked about going to Sofia, just the two of us, and finish the gelati on our own. FYI for those who don't know, their gelati serving size is Humongous. should serve to about 4 people.)

Aunty M: eh! good idea! let's have gelati!


Moments later at the Sofia..

after ordering a large Super Special pizza (with the whole lot), I got off the table to kepo at the cakes.
the varieties were a little sad as there were only small remaining of each flavour.

When I got back to the table, a waiter walks up to us and said..

Waiter: I see that you want a cake?

Aunty M's (cake lover) eyes widen.

Aunty M: Which cake is nice?

Waiter: You.

haha..

Waiter: We have mars bar, berry cheesecake, chocolate mint...

Aunty M: I love all of them.

Waiter: You can't have all of them. or else *hits his own bum* you'll get fat. but one piece won't hurt.

Aunty M: then which cake is the most popular?

Waiter: Tiramisu.

Aunty M: but we also plan to have gelati.

after no being able to make a decision.. the waiter leaves with frustration, saying: "I'll take care of it."

I ask Aunty M, "what does he mean by 'I'll take care of it?'"


Another waiter returns with Tiramisu.

ah, I see, so he gives us the most popular cake.

but that's not it!

not too long later, the waiter returns again with gelati.

I abandoned the cake immediately. =)


The large pizza arrives..

both of us can't decide whether to continue eating the gelati before it melts, or jump to having hot pizza.

Aunty M drawn on a conclusion that the gelati won't melt that fast. and so the ladies eat the pizza.

I've never had a pizza with so many types of topping before. there were ham, salami, capsicum, mushroom, olives, pineapple and of course cheese.

however, being me, I still love my simple Hawaiian Chicken =)

and after the ladies had 2 slices of pizza each, we continued with our dessert.
I finished all available flavours of gelati (chocolate, orange, banana, lemon, strawberry) but left a generous amount of Choc chips Mint. uh.

I quite enjoyed the Tiramisu because there were parts of the cake that were coffee flavoured (intense flavour, not sweet), and the base is chocolate cake. I however didn't like the creamy topping (cheese)

I can't tell you how full I am by this stage (pizza, gelati, cake, and a lot of water)

We packed the remaining Super Special pizza and ordered an additional large Meat Lover pizza and one Spaghetti Marinara for uncle.


when we picked up uncle..

Uncle: I smell food.
Aunty M & I: hahahahhaa..

Uncle: didn't you guys go to gym?
Aunty M & I: (chuckles) no..

and so, the ladies are happy because they had Sofia on a Monday noon when on every other Monday, they are hard at work at the gym.

the uncle should be quite happy too, the ladies packed his favourite spaghetti.


0 comments: