Sunday, October 4, 2009

I love food.

there's only 2 more weeks of uni left till the end of term.

then, another 2 weeks of assignments-completing from home.
AND then, slurp slurp.. good ol' Malaysian food!

I just can't wait.

Friends (you know who you are) have actually told me that my facial expression or mood changes when I'm eating or when the conversation subject was about food. I'm also made to believe that my expressions make meals somewhat more appetizing. It seems that I often use the phrase, "wah, very nice ah!" I'd laugh with a slight embarrassment when being told of the subconscious me.

I've also been told that my eyes "light up" when talking about food. I've got so much passion about food that I've been persuaded to pursue food journalism (or what they call it). Come to think of it, I've not actually come across food criticism that catches my attention. Perhaps I could do like a food TV programme like 'jalan-jalan cari makan', then wherever I've tried and approved, would receive some sort of acknowledgement that tells people, "Celine has tried this, you should try it too!" wah, how awesome would that be?!

From my own experiences, such TV program (typically the Taiwanese ones) hosts appear healthy and slim. They travel all over, constantly tasting great food. How do they keep fit man? If something is so good, I wouldn't have the willpower not to finish it lo. Come to think of it, I barely have any willpower when it comes to food. Let's say Celine goes to buffet and after an hour and half, she complains that she's so full, so bloated and can't eat anymore. One hour later, Bang! Eat again. Goodness, it's not that I'm hungry, it's just the "feel" of wanting to eat. Now, such situations are particularly more frequent in Australia.

If you see the supermarkets here, you'll fall in love. I know I did. Supermarkets are everywhere! There are itself 2 supermarkets located 5mins away from my uni. I've got itchy hands too, go supermarket=buy something. A perfect example would be today. Bought 2 boxes of crackers as they were on sale. Arnott's vita weat, 2 for $4.50. Bad move la, I munching those crackers the minute I left the supermarket, in class, after class, before gym, after dinner..

0 comments: